Thursday, January 19, 2023

i get lost on my way searching for liars

Today was much less social than yesterday, which helped me to get some tings done. Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep in like I wanted to because Randy always shows up just before eight and I usually try to make it downstairs around his arrival - but I was not feeling particularly chipper to be awake this morning.

The day didn't entirely improve because it was vaguely snowy and very grey all day, which does not help my mood. However, I managed to work despite that - I spent a lot of time doing some office-related tasks, which felt good to get organized. I also had a burrito bowl for lunch, which was delish. And, I had a coaching call for the writing strengths class that I'm taking - the call is a 1:1 included in the course registration, and it was super helpful to talk through my own unique blend of strengths with someone (especially someone who matches approximately five of my top ten strengths).

So, the coaching was v. interesting - I walked away with some practical tips for my writing, plus some new ways about thinking about some of my problems. I'm eager to see what's in the remaining lectures, but at this point I'm ready to start setting some writing goals for this year with a bit more intention than I've had in the past couple of years.

After that, I messed around with house stuff and then continued organizing my office. Eventually, I made a v. delicious ribeye using the reverse sear method (roast it low until ~95 degrees, then sear it and then let it rest), and I also made some broccoli and heated up a frozen-for-a-gloomy-day twice baked potato. The ribeye hit the spot, so #noregrets on that even though my house now smells like the charcoal part of a barbecue.

I think wrote just a teensy bit, and then [censored] showed up and we talked for awhile. And now, I need to go to bed - it's not at all late enough for me to *want* to go to bed, but I'm so tired from not getting to sleep in that I think I need to make the shift. Goodnight!

No comments: