Sunday, January 22, 2023

all my tears have been used up

I'm exhausted, but I've reached Carlsbad, CA, approximately two hours after I'd hoped to be here. My travel day was actually relatively smooth, but we sat on the tarmack in Denver forever waiting to get de-iced, which was a bummer. Luckily, I was upgraded, so I had champagne to tide me over... But unluckily, that means I have more of a headache than I might otherwise have.

Still, I'm glad to be on my way - I have a writing retreat starting tomorrow night, and I want to write a million words (or, ten thousand). I spent yesterday and today preparing to go, since I barely remember how to pack anymore. Hopefully I brought everything I need, but we'll see when I sift through my belongings to discover whether I brought clothes or trash.

And now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: