Tuesday, January 31, 2023

playing my candied tangerine telecaster

I didn't write today, and I'm trying not to let it eat at me. I did, however, get a lot of sleep last night, which is a feat I want to repeat (and need to go to bed immediately if I'm going to accomplish that goal). And I was awake in time to greet Randy when he arrived - suddenly, after almost two months, he's basically done, which is both v. exciting and also a little bittersweet. He finished installing the vanity today, touched up a bunch of paint, fixed some grout in my kitchen, and did some other finishing touches before packing up the majority of his tools in the garage. He hasn't billed me for anything yet, so I assume I will see him again - and he's supposed to come back to finish some trim work after the flooring is installed, so we're not totally done. But as much as he's been great, I'm really looking forward to having my mornings to myself again.

Tomorrow morning is not that dream come true, though - flooring installation starts tomorrow, unless they are held up elsewhere. Since that's happening tomorrow, I had to run errands today - so I went to the next town over to hit up bigger grocery stores + Walmart in preparation for this weekend's festivities. I found just about everything I needed, so presumably we'll be well fed for Christmas Round Two.

After Randy left for the day, I did a bunch of cleaning / moving tings in preparation for flooring. Then, I went out to my parents' house - my mom offered to cook for me, and I wasn't going to turn down a cheeseburger (even if my coconut chicken curry leftovers are so delish that no one else in the family will take them from me because they don't want to make me sacrifice such a delight).

And now, I need to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: