Sunday, January 29, 2023

my heart's been pouring through my chest

I really wanted to be as lazy as possible today, but the house project stops for no one, and I'm also hosting people for Christmas later this week, so I had to get cracking. I did sleep in a little bit, but then I forced myself to get up, shower, and make eggs and hash browns for me and [censored]. Breakfast was v. tasty and I enjoyed it up until the point where I spilled coffee in my lap - not a lot, and luckily it had cooled down a bit, but I think I gave myself just a bit of a burn to remember the moment by for the next few days.

After that, I definitely wanted to be lazy, but I forced myself to clean the living room. This doesn't sound like an onerous task, but construction has produced so much dust that I needed to clean everything. And that meant tediously vacuuming all sides of all cushions on the sectional, since it was clear that the couch was just as dusty as all the other surfaces. After a few hours of cleaning, the living room was mostly restored to cleanliness - it still has some issues because it's housing items that belong in other rooms, but for now it's much better.

I also did a variety of other tings, like three loads of laundry, and also cleaning out the bathroom closet so that we can install new flooring this week. And eventually, I made burrito bowls (dinner of champions) for me and [censored], as a continued effort to (under)pay [censored] for leadership contributions to the house's plumbing situation.

And now, I need to gather my thoughts in anticipation for the week - I want to write as many days as it's possible to write, and that means starting tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: