Friday, January 13, 2023

right at the borderline

I had a good day, all in all, although my struggle to focus on writing is real. I got up in time to greet Randy, made some coffee, and read the lecture for the writing strengths class I'm taking. Then I got ready and went into the other town to meet someone to talk about a volunteer project that I got roped into - I'm actually happy to get involved, but I wasn't expecting it.

This led to an impromptu meeting with someone else to discuss the same project - it's the 30th anniversary of when a group of artists painted a bunch of murals in town, and they're coming back to do some more this summer. The group started here, but they have since painted every year in towns all over the world, which is pretty cool. So I met with the woman who started it - they need registration/website help, which I'm much more equipped for than climbing a ladder or painting (despite my experience painting my house this year).

Then I came home, ate some lunch, did some house stuff, and mocked up a registration form. My mom also visited, which was great. And then I made chili, did some laundry, and mostly procrastinated all evening, to my chagrin. [Censored] showed up at some point, and reminded me that we have lots to do this weekend - so I should probably sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: