Monday, January 09, 2023

socialite and heiress

It's Monday, which means that Randy returned and progress continued on my remodel. The bathroom is moving pretty fast, so I'm hoping we'll wrap up pretty quickly, but we'll see how this week goes.

While Randy was remodeling (with a big assist from [censored], I mostly stayed out of the way. This meant doing some work, taking a walk to pay my water and lumber yard bills, and planning out my week. I also used my new rice cooker to make steel cut oatmeal and it was *perfect* - I'm never going back to other methods unless I am forced by either knifepoint or the complete collapse of the national power grid.

At some point, I ate a leftover burrito bowl, and then I trained with Alyssa - I find kettlebell snatches weirdly soothing (when I know I won't hit my light fixture), so we did some of those and I ended in a great mood. Then I went out to see my mom and pick up some stuff that I'd left there during the holidays - I beat the rush (aka the skunks), so my mission was successful.

Then I spent some quality time roasting beets for a fancy beet/arugula/radish/goat cheese/pistachio salad, and roasting some chicken hind quarters to go with it. [Censored] was leaving tonight and so I made a meal that I was craving, but then [censored] stayed later than usual and had to hear me go on and on about how good my dinner was, even though it would look highly suspect to anyone who doesn't like beets or prefers white meat chicken. But I was v happy to eat it, so #noregrets.

Then I rounded out my evening by reading a book, and now it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: