Thursday, January 05, 2023

even old new york was once new amsterdam

I feel like I did a lot of tings today, but perhaps I did nothing. I'll let you be the judge with my list of accomplishments:

  • I walked to the hardware store through the snow, where I was briefly propositioned by someone (hard pass, although it became a hilarious topic of conversation later because my contractor heard about it when he took his coffee break there).
  • I talked to Katie for quite awhile, which is always a delight.
  • I reheated shrimp fra diavolo for lunch, which I shared with [censored] (perhaps to [censored]'s dismay).
  • My dad showed up to inspect the kitchen and drink some iced tea, which was nice.
  • I watched a video and read a couple of lectures for a writing / performance / strengths class that I'm taking, which reminded me that I really am wired to need to research copious amounts while in the story formation phase.
  • Along those lines, I read most of a book about ancient Cahokia, which was the largest city in North America at one point pre-Columbus (as large as London was at the same time ~1050AD), and is located east of St Louis.
  • I baked potatoes to go with some leftover/frozen pulled pork and leftover/indestructible nacho cheese for dinner.
  • I gave an extremely minimal amount of assistance to [censored] on a plumbing project in the basement, which thankfully didn't reveal any (more) centipedes.
And now, I really need to sleep, since I'm going to bed much later than intended - goodnight!

No comments: