Wednesday, January 11, 2023

criss-cross in the wrong direction

I did a lot of thinking today - which doesn't mean that I actually wrote fresh manuscript words, but there are some days where thinking is more important than anything. I also continued to navigate my remodel (I had no decisions to make today, which was a relief), and I had a v. boring but tasty sandwich for lunch. I also had a long catch-up with Heather (aka dear respected madam), whom I hadn't talked to in ages - she was as great as ever, so I'm glad that my post-day-job aversion to Zoom is slowly healing because I really do want to be able to connect with people again.

After I talked to Heather, I quickly reheated some chicken and composed a beet salad for dinner. Then, I went to a meeting of my secret society - I'm the second youngest person there, but I've been a member longer than several of them, which is an interesting situation. I guess in this case I'm what the tiktok kids would call a 'nepo baby', since my mom and aunt and grandma and great-grandma were all in the group, which is why I was initiated at eighteen instead of waiting until a more respectable age. All that aside, I had fun at the meeting and got some jello for dessert, so I'll take it.

Then I came home, did some more thinking/journaling, and wrote a couple of emails (v. unusually for me, don't get excited). And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: