Saturday, February 29, 2020

cadillac dream

I got up super early this morning and drove from Mountain View to SF, with a stop for Starbucks and hopefully no stop for the coronavirus (a case was just found in Mountain View, which does not inspire confidence). When I got to the office, I had coffee with Dave (remember him?), and we discussed doomsday prepping, which was a foreshadowing of all of my conversations today.

So I took a bunch of meetings, drank a bunch of emergen-c, and generally tried to survive. I also said my final farewells to my boss, and then I vacated the office to drive across the city to see Veronica. It took 45 min to go seven miles (more than seven miles, since I drove all around the periphery of the city rather than attempting to go straight through at rush hour). But it was worth it, as usual - Veronica was in fine form, and we had wine and takeout pizza and popcorn with her husband Adam. So it was a delightful time even if it's always too brief. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: