Thursday, February 06, 2020

damn mrs. perkins again

If the week before vacation is always super productive, the week after vacation is a return to a crushing sense of ennui. I feel like a disaffected Regency heiress, but without the accent or the dresses. Everything is dull and boring, and I would rather lie in bed and read novels and wait for the maid to bring me tea. But there is no maid and I have to do my job, so I guess I'll persevere. 

So today, needless to say, was blah. But I stocked up on wine on the way home, since my cellar was running low. I also talked to Drewbaby while I was driving home, which was fun - he has moved from Texas to Fargo, which must be a rude fucking awakening since the wind chill was -5 when we talked.

When I got home, I brought my wine in and then promptly walked down the street to El Camino, where I continued to befriend the bartender (Nick) while eating nachos, drinking margaritas, and journaling. Tequila is a temporary cure for ennui, but it made me sleepy - so after doing a couple of minor day job things, I decided to call it an early night. It's snowing rather heavily, so I'm not sure if I'll go into the office tomorrow, but we'll see. Goodnight!

No comments: