Wednesday, February 12, 2020

i am not standing still, i am lying in wait

Today wasn't a day for productivity - it was apparently a day for headaches and wine and reading half of THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Stiefvater. I mean, I did go to work, and I was productive for about five hours...but I had a raging headache by two p.m., and it was about to snow, and so I drove home and did the rest of my meetings from the comfort of my home office. This turned out to be a wise move, since the snow kept coming for most of the late afternoon / evening and would have rendered my commute miserable.

Around 5:30 I was done with meetings, and then I took care of some tings around the house and also talked to my parents. Then I ate leftover chicken tortilla soup (this was a particularly delicious batch and I'm sad that it's done), drank a bunch of wine, and read for most of the evening. I've heard good things about THE RAVEN BOYS and they weren't mistaken, so I'll have to remind myself that I can read on the plane Friday so that I'm not tempted to stay up all night tonight or tomorrow when I have to a) work and b) pack.

And now I should sleep, since it would behoove me to go to the office early due to what is likely to be a bad snow-induced traffic debacle - goodnight!

No comments: