Sunday, February 02, 2020

rebels and mutineers

I'm back in Colorado and I'm pretty sad about it. I woke up this morning early enough to sit on the beach and commune with the waves for thirty minutes before getting ready, and getting up early was #worthit - it was gorgeous by the water at 7:30am, and I felt a lot of peace and eagerness for the writing year ahead.

But all good things end, and as I typed that a gust of wind just hit my windows - the early harbinger of a precipitous drop in temperatures and an expected six inches of snow coming tomorrow and Tuesday. It was a gorgeous day when I landed in Denver, and I wore a vest and a tshirt when I ran out to get groceries tonight, but the snow will remind me that my real life does not involve nearly enough beaches.

sssanyway. After sitting on the beach this morning, I showered, finished throwing stuff in my bag, and then hung out / cleaned up / wrapped things up with my writing group. The last seven of us left a little before 10am, and I'm sad it's over. I drove Barbara S and Jules to the airport, dropped off the rental car, and parted ways with them since we were all on different airlines. Then I checked my bag, went through security, grabbed coffee, called my parents, and picked up a gluten-free sandwich before boarding my flight. The flight was completely uneventful; I wrote / dozed the whole way, which was nice. And when I got home, I mostly lazed about and watched the Super Bowl, although I made a grocery run at halftime due to the impending weather situation. But that means I was home to watch the fourth quarter, which was thrilling - even though I've lived in SF for half my life, I had to cheer for the Chiefs, and I'm glad they won.

And now, I should sleep so I can attempt to get back into the grind tomorrow (and write beforehand) - goodnight!

No comments: