Thursday, February 13, 2020

remember when the boys were all electric

I feel like I should have gone to bed four hours ago, but it's only eleven. However, I probably should have gone to bed four hours ago - I'm leaving for Florida early tomorrow, which means I need to get up in less than six hours. And unfortunately I'm going to have to do some day job work on the plane, although I'm hopeful that I can do what needs to get done and then enjoy the rest of my long weekend.

sssanyway, today was fine - I was a little late for my first meeting due to worse-than-expected traffic after better-than-expected snow, but the person I was late for forgave me. Then I slogged all day, with a break to go to the dentist (which doesn't feel like it should count as a break). I also dealt with an ongoing sewer gas issue in my office, which is definitely not my job and yet has somehow become my job (I have mostly made Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles references while sending emails about the sewer, and today blamed the fiasco on Shredder, so I think I'm making good choices here). And I got to grab some late afternoon snacks (which they have on Thursdays) - today's theme was Carnival, so the food was Brazilian, and the little pao de queijo (cheesy bread bites that are naturally gluten free) are one of my favorite snacks they make.

Then I talked to Isaac for a bit before driving home and spending most of the evening packing and taking care of last minute things around the house. And now I really should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: