Saturday, February 22, 2020

how could you be so perfect for me

I got a million things done today, which is good since I'm leaving tomorrow morning and spending a week in California. The most exciting thing was that I recovered the ring that I lost two days ago. I went to Boulder around eleven, mostly to make one final search, but I decided to run my errands around Boulder so that it would not be a wasted trip if I didn't find it.

So I drove to my office (and talked to [censored]), then drove to the post office, and searched the parking lots in both places with no luck. Then I picked up some printer toner, grabbed lunch, and got my nails done. I then went to the mall, and while I was browsing, I got a phone call from the post office - I'd called them yesterday asking if they'd found a ring and they hadn't, but apparently they had it and someone was kind enough to look back through their call history and see if I was the one who called about it. Amazing.

So I went to grab the ring, then went back to the mall to run the errand I was there for (Sephora, of course) and celebrate my reunion with my ring by getting a frappuccino. Then I washed my car, drove back to Denver, and got some groceries along the way. Then I spent the evening packing and putting my house in order, and now I really need to get six hours of sleep before waking up for my flight. Goodnight!

No comments: