Friday, February 14, 2020

rise up

After getting very little sleep last night, I awoke before five feeling delirious. But then I rallied, showered, and drove to the airport, where I had time to grab coffee before boarding. I did about forty minutes of work while sitting on the tarmac, and then I spent the plane ride dozing and drinking Bailey's to handle the turbulence as we approached the Eastern seaboard.

When we got to Orlando, I got an Uber and got to the hotel, where I was the first to arrive. I had a late lunch and was finishing up just when Terry got here, so we had an hour to ourselves to catch up over margaritas before everyone else showed up. I'm at Disney World for Terry's bachelorette, and we have a lovely cabin and a ton of fun planned.

Tonight was super chill - we're all coming from the West except for Terry, so everyone had gotten up early for flights. Luckily Kasey came in a day early and picked up groceries, liquor, etc, as well as decorations. So we spent the evening making pizza, drinking, and playing some super fun/ridiculous games.

And now, even though I could recap a lot more, it's time to sleep - goodnight!


No comments: