Wednesday, February 19, 2020

march with me and the borogoves

I slept for approximately ten hours last night, and while I still feel like I could succumb to a cold at any moment, I'm sure that helped. I woke up and made it to the office by 8:40ish, which meant I had time for breakfast, which was key (even though I haven't been eating breakfast) because our free lunch today was my least favorite in their usual rotation (fish stew, gross).

I also made it in time for approximately nine hours of meetings, although I had a couple of breaks in there to get some work done. I had planned to stay relatively late to wrap up a necessary task and then grab takeout on the way home, but it snowed (lightly but relentlessly) most of the day, so I decided to get out of the office and scrape off my car while there was still a bit of daylight. It took an hour and eight minutes to get home, which is almost thirty minutes more than usual - but it's still about half the time it used to take to get home if it was raining in SF, so I guess this is still fine.

When I got home, I did some stuff around the house, ate a piece of peanut butter toast, journaled a bit, and then did about ninety minutes of day job stuff to complete a task that had to be done today. And now I really need to sleep and hope that I continue to stave off this cold - goodnight!

No comments: