Monday, February 17, 2020

a single book of matches, gonna burn what's standing in the way

I'm back in Colorado as of an hour and a half ago, and it's time for bed since I very unfortunately have to go to work tomorrow. But today was a really fun last day in Florida. We cleaned up, packed up, and vacated the cabin a bit before eleven, and then those of us who were left (Terry, Amy, Lisa, and I) took the boat to Magic Kingdom. Since Terry could get us in for free, it was worth going for a few hours. We wandered around and shopped and watched the animatronic country bears, which felt really ridiculous and dated. Then Terry and Amy left for the airport, and Lisa and I spent a couple of hours in line for Space Mountain. The ride was fun, although riding a roller coaster in the dark is a bit more intense than ones that go outside.

Then we watched another animatronic show - the Carousel of Progress, which felt really weird as well. And then we took the boat back to the hotel, grabbed a late lunch at the bar, grabbed our bags, and went to the airport. I had just enough time to call my parents before I said goodbye to Lisa and boarded my flight. The flight was uneventful and I mostly slept, even though I should have worked - so that's another reason to sleep now, since I must get up early tomorrow to finish some stuff.

But even though I'm wrecked, the weekend was worth it - I had a ton of fun and loved getting to spend a weekend with Terry and our mutual friends, so it was a holiday very well spent. Goodnight!

No comments: