Sunday, February 09, 2020

we got a hot crustacean band

At least I wrote several pages today (some in the morning, some in the evening), so no matter what else happened, I've got that going for me. The rest of the day was pretty quiet, though. I spent the morning researching some stuff online (and writing), then made eggs and hashbrowns for breakfast/lunch. I also did some stuff around the house, shoveled more snow on my back patio, and chipped up a whole bunch of ice so that I don't eat it on the pavement between my house and the garage. It snowed a few more inches last night / this morning, which was another unwelcome development - and it might snow again tomorrow night. But in five days I'll be in Florida, so hopefully I can survive until then.

At some point I threw together a batch of chicken tortilla soup - it was pretty easy since I had all the necessary veggies already chopped and bagged in the freezer, so I just had to mince some garlic, cut up some tortillas, and cook some chicken in my instant pot. While the soup was cooking, I talked to my parents, who were in fine form (and watching a documentary about rail travel, as we all do). And then I spent the evening being lazy on twitter + texting with [censored] + writing, so I'll take it.

But now, it's ten p.m., and I had vowed to go to bed earlier than usual tonight so that I can get up and write before work. Wish me luck with that. Goodnight!

No comments: