Thursday, February 20, 2020

somewhere along the way, my hopefulness turned to sadness

I had a terrible day, unfortunately. I awoke to a snow-covered world that required shoveling. I went to work and had meetings from nine to five with only a thirty minute break sometime around two. A lunch that had been billed as social turned into someone saying "I have a few slides", which turned into them asking for an impossible deliverable in the next week. Then they "graciously" gave us four more days, but two of them are the weekend. And then I left work and somehow lost my favorite ring, which was insult to injury.

But I had pizza and wine and journaling at Blue Pan, which made things a lot better. And I'm going to bed at ten, which should make things even better. And even if they aren't better, I'm going to San Francisco on Sunday and will see a few friends when I'm not slogging at a multi day offsite next week, so that should help. Goodnight!

No comments: