Saturday, February 01, 2020

would you stay if she promised you heaven

Today was totally idyllic. I woke up and went straight to the beach (after putting on pants), where I sat on the sand for a couple of hours and journaled about my book and watched the waves. Then I quickly showered and snuck out for lunch with Grace - we haven't really hung out much on this retreat simply because our schedules are different, so we spent some quality time together today. Of course it feels like sneaking around because the group does a lot of things together, but of course it wasn't controversial (although Barbara was upset when she found out that I had gelato with Grace and she didn't, and the perceived insult was compounded by the fact that I don't really crave ice cream and so tossed half of mine on the way home).

So lunch with Grace was awesome, and I'm glad we hung out. Then we came back and I spent a few hours in the gazebo with Anne and Barbara and Veronica and whoever else came by. I did some more journaling and got a lot of sun, and that was all what I needed.

We had dinner tonight at Bluewater Grill, where I talked to Christie and Anne and Jules while eating an excellent swordfish and drinking a mai tai. When we got home, we all talked for awhile in the living room, and then V, Anne, and I adjourned to our floor, where we went deep on life + ridiculous Wikipedia entries. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: