Friday, February 21, 2020

you go to sleep dreaming how you would be a different kind if you thought you could

Today was better than yesterday, mostly because I worked from home and also saw Katie at the end of it. I had to get up early to prep my dining room for a furniture delivery - I bought a sideboard/buffet to add some storage, and it came this morning. The delivery guys only took five minutes, which was impressive, and the piece looks great.

I spent the rest of the day slogging until almost six. Then I quickly got ready and drove over to pick up Katie - we had girls' night out at Lo Stella, which is an Italian place I've wanted to try forever (esp after it was reported that Mick Jagger ate there when the Rolling Stones were in town last summer). The food was really excellent, the wine was great, and the company was perfect - having a leisurely dinner with Katie is always a treat, especially when we go deep on hot actors, embarrassing childhood memories, and overly touchy waiters.

Finally, though, I could no longer suppress my yawn, so I took Katie home and then came back to mine to crash. And now I really must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: