Monday, May 25, 2020

am i anxious or just modern

[censored] is very upset whenever he [censored] at [censored] and I don't blog about it - so please let it be known that [censored] once again [censored tonight. Congrats [censored]!

The rest of the day was v. relaxing and v. uneventful. I accidentally slept until ten, so I am going to attempt to go to bed much earlier tonight so that I can be more productive (or at least engaged) tomorrow. I mostly spent the afternoon outside - it was warm, albeit windy, and it looked like the last stretch of decent weather for a couple of days. I helped my mom mulch (I did about five percent of the work but I'll take credit for more if anyone wants to give it to me), but I mostly just distracted her into sitting on the patio overlooking the fields and listening to the cacophony of birds and insects. At some point, [censored] and I drove into town to get our vehicles from where we'd left them in my dad's shop last night...and so of course it stormed tonight, but there wasn't any hail to total our cars. That trip to town meant that I got to see my dad's prized asparagus bed (which is wasted on me, since I dislike asparagus), and I also stopped in to see Gram and Granddad at the cemetery on the way back (spoiler: they're still dead, although grass still hasn't grown over Gram yet, so there's a chance she's coming and going).

We spent the evening eating supper (leftover pulled pork, potato salad, and a caesar salad) and then played a game of Ticket to Ride. I left my parents upstairs watching a western (Two Mules for Sister Sara, which looked somewhat entertaining), and now that I've taken care of some tings I think I'll meditate/journal/attempt to sleep early. Goodnight!

No comments: