Thursday, May 07, 2020

i'm faded

I'm sleepy. Today was fine, but it involved more meetings than I wanted to have - but since I wanted to have zero meetings, any number of meetings was going to feel like too many. However, I slogged pretty steadily from nine until five, and then I snuck out to run to Whole Foods and stock up before the weekend. Dairy and eggs are back, and I got antibac kitchen spray for the first time since before quarantine, and most other things were available - but Cinco de Mayo cleared out limes and cilantro, and the continued disaster unfolding in the slaughterhouses meant that a lot of the meat was gone. Luckily I didn't really need meat (although I opportunistically bought some chicken legs, and I also bought some lunch meat, and also some scallops (which maybe don't count)), so I left feeling in pretty good shape.

Then I came home, put my groceries away, and reheated some carnitas and rice/beans for a carnitas bowl. Then I talked to Riturani for quite awhile - she was in fine form, and her daughter sang some songs to me, and it was all v. lovely. I could have kept talking all night...but instead I think it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: