Wednesday, May 06, 2020

the rumpus and ruckus are comfortable now

Day fifty-something. Today was more onerous than usual because I had a meeting straight from 9am to 2pm, which made nutrition and waste elimination difficult (editor's note: I sound like I'm on a fucking mission to Mars, not a five hour conference call). But I meditated/journaled this morning, and I also had some peanut butter toast and a whole lot of coffee to kick things off. And I had leftover potatoes/chard (the last of the batch) with some freshly poached eggs for a belated lunch, so I'll take it. And I spent one of our fifteen-minute breaks taking a walk around a couple of blocks, so it most certainly could have been worse.

After that meeting, I took a brief break (for the aforementioned eggs), then worked until five. I had intended to work tonight, but it didn't quite happen; instead, I took care of a bunch of personal stuff, ate Thai takeout (#worthit), watered my lawn, drank some wine, wrote on my other blog, and played some Animal Crossing. Sometime in there Chandlord called me via Duo (one of Google's many chat/video apps), and I was so surprised to hear a ringtone I'd never heard before that I actually picked up my phone and answered it. So we talked for over an hour, and it was a delight to see her face even if the purpose of seeing her face was to welcome her into the deep pit of despair that most of the rest of us have been in for awhile.

We finally hung up a bit before eleven my time, and now that I've prepped tomorrow's coffee and finished this post, it's time for bed. And btw, the buried lede about my 'other blog' is not the same as this one - I restarted the blog on my writing website to post recipes that I've been posting to Instagram. Fun times in quarantine, amirite? Goodnight!

No comments: