Thursday, May 14, 2020

i go crazy 'cause here isn't where i wanna be

I had a good day that probably should have been a bad day....after I blogged last night, I picked up an old favorite romance (Johanna Lindsey, of course) and the next thing I knew it was two a.m. That's really ill-advised in the middle of the work week. Luckily my first meeting wasn't until eleven, so I slept until 8:30 and still had time to meditate, journal, and shower before doing some work. I decided to wear a dress today because why not, and it seemed to kick my productivity into gear.

So, I basically spent the whole day doing day job stuff. I took a break at lunch to reheat last night's fish and construct some fish tacos. And I took a break in the evening to make dinner - I made spaghetti carbonara (which is super easy - just cook some bacon, then toss some spaghetti with the bacon, parmesan, egg whites, and egg yolks). At that point I would have typically called it quits for the day, but I spent the last three hours getting caught up on work email, which had turned into a bit of an embarrassment and is now no longer an embarrassment.

Now, though, after a day that was boring on the surface but still felt satisfying, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: