Wednesday, May 27, 2020

bubble up and cut right through

I had a lovely day in ye olde Iowa - it didn't rain, but I spent it being almost entirely unproductive because Aunt Kathy came down bearing several boxes of old family photos. She also gave me one of the best gifts I've ever received - a tshirt from 1984 from my town's annual celebration that happened to be Olympics themed. This is extremely on brand and I'm v. excited to wear it in the future.

So, after meditating this morning, making some coffee, and then showering, I spent the rest of the day hanging out with family. We ate lunch, then spent some time sorting through photos - many of them are of unknown people, and you can also have fun playing the "which twin is this?" game with photos of my granddad and Uncle Hobert. We eventually stopped, probably much earlier than we should have, and relocated outside to enjoy the nice weather and talk in the fresh air. The day ended with takeout from the local Mexican place, which was delish. Then Kathy went back north, and I retreated to my room to cut down trees in Animal Crossing and talk to [censored].

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: