Wednesday, May 20, 2020

so you pulled my heart out and i don't mind bleeding

I need to get off screens immediately, since I just worked for the last two hours. Today was great, though - I did some meditating and journaling before work, and then I slogged steadily all morning. I took a break in the afternoon to drive to Boulder and pick up a bunch of boxes of something for work - because the office is closed, UPS can't deliver, and some swag my team had ordered for our next event was stuck in the UPS office. I had the biggest car of the team based in Boulder, so I went to do the pick up - and the boxes barely fit in my SUV, so I'd say it's a good thing I didn't delegate to the guy with the sedan.

Then I came home and slogged the rest of the afternoon. Sometime around five I was done for awhile, so I placed the most embarrassing Instacart delivery order ever - I usually shop at Whole Foods or other similarly organic/pretentious stores, but I can't get Doritos or Coke Zero or salsa con queso or other fine snack delicacies at those stores. I'm driving to Iowa on Friday and will need snacks/drinks for the road, so I ordered a bunch of garbage from Instacart. This was the right call; my shame will be gone forever when I open a bag of Fritos somewhere around North Platte.

I also ordered thai food for dinner, and then I settled in for a long video chat with Veronica. We talked of all manner of things while I drank red wine, and it was as delightful as always. When we hung up, I ate dinner, messed around the house for a little bit, and then did a couple of hours of work. And now, with all of that wrapped up, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: