Saturday, May 02, 2020

getting crazy on the waltzers but it's the life that i choose

I was v. hermity today and I spent most of it in the kitchen - I probably should have done some other work, but instead I cooked a ton. I started by putting carnitas in the slow cooker - I'm not sure if this was the best approach, since after ten hours they didn't seem tender enough, and so I slow cooked another hour and then ended up pressure cooking for 18mins. Of course, that meant I couldn't have carnitas for dinner, so I had a v. boring turkey sandwich with a v. nice wine because why not.

While the carnitas were cooking, I made a much more successful brunch - a tomatoey, stew-like thing with red potatoes, onions, and swiss chard. I put a couple of poached eggs on top of it and it was all pretty perfect. At some point this evening I also made chocolate chip chewies - again, because why not.

Beyond the cooking, the rest of the day was uneventful. I talked to Katrina a bit, and I also talked to Jen/Joann/Jane. I played some Animal Crossing; I meditated; I did the usual endless round of dishes. And now, I think I'm going to shred up the carnitas (they had to cool a bit) and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: