Saturday, May 09, 2020

but don't just sit with folded hands and become blind

Today was the laziest day I've had in recent memory, and I have no regrets. As you can tell from my blog last night, I went to bed at 2am due to a long-overdue binge reading session - and felt strangely virtuous about going to bed without finishing the book (I prob had 30min to go) because I used to stay up until dawn reading. But then at 5:30 I woke up due to some fairly horrible cramps, which rendered me unable to sleep but unable to do much of anything else. So I finished my book, laid in bed, took a ton of ibuprofen, drank a Sprite because I felt nauseated, and eventually dozed again from about eight to ten.

Needless to say, this did not set my day up for success. In fact, I never got out of pajamas, although I have changed into different pajamas, so I guess that's a win. But I did drag myself downstairs around eleven for v. late coffee, and then I made blueberry muffins. That was an odd task, since I don't eat a lot of sweets or do a ton of baking, but I think I was missing being able to go to a coffee shop and linger over a coffee (made by someone else) and a pastry. I used a gluten free King Arthur mix and some dried blueberries that I'd bought at Costco awhile ago; the mix was slightly too sweet and artificial tasting, but the blueberries were great and the muffins hit the spot. But they were going to take too long to bake, so I made an omelette to eat while I waited.

And that was pretty much the extent of my accomplishments. I carried my laundry downstairs but didn't do it; I read the box for a foot peel but didn't use it; I meditated at 7pm to keep my streak alive but haven't journaled. I also canceled on both my virtual happy hours, which was the right call given that I didn't want to day drink or put on clothes.

But I did play some Animal Crossing, take a nap, chat with a few friends via text, and eat some leftover risotto and scallops. And I researched new coffee grinders, which was a fun task (mine is still mostly functional, but I lost the little plastic piece that goes between the grinder and the collection chamber, and so I have to hold the chamber in place with a paper towel so it doesn't shoot ground coffee everywhere while it grinds. Since I lost that piece three years ago, and I use the grinder basically daily, this has been a long time to put up with such nonsense). And I don't mind that I was lazy today, but I plan to be slightly more productive tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: