Monday, May 25, 2020

psycho killer, qu'est-ce que c'est

I had a v. lovely day in ye olde Iowa. I slept for nine hours, which I haven't achieved in awhile, and I also took a nap this afternoon, so perhaps I'll go back to Colorado at least somewhat rejuvenated (although I'm sure Nebraska will attempt to suck out my lifeforce on the way). When I woke up, I went upstairs and made coffee with the Philz beans I shipped here + the French press that lives here (yes, I have become insufferable; perhaps I'll try my aeropress tomorrow). Then I meditated, bought some turnips in Animal Crossing, showered, etc.

I spent most of the afternoon hanging out on the patio - it was windy but warm enough, and my dad was monitoring his meat smoker while my mom was weeding her garden. So I sat outside and surveyed the fields and listened to my dad tell me about the life and times of a man named Burtis, who used to bathe twice a year (within thirty days of each other, since he only bathed for the county and state fairs) and died sometime around when I was born.

At some point, I went inside to read because it was too windy to read outside, but I fell asleep instead. I woke up as the weather worsened, and [censored] and I made a mad dash to town to put our vehicles in my dad's shop just in case there was hail (there was not, but I got to ride home in a truck that is nearly twenty years old and bathes about as often as Burtis did, so that was exciting). When we got home, we ate supper - my dad's pulled pork turned out amazingly well, and it was perfect with my mom's leftover potato salad (always better the next day) and five cup salad (which looks like a jello salad, but doesn't have jello in it). We also tried some peach whiskey from an Iowa distillery that [censored] had stocked up on, and it was excellent. Vacations with pulled pork and peach whiskey are still vacations, even if they are in lockdown.

Then [censored] and I watched a couple of comedy specials, and now I've stayed up way too late, so it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: