Tuesday, May 26, 2020

sittin' downtown in a railway station

As I said yesterday, I'm sometimes criticized for not giving a rundown of our Ticket to Ride games, so I'll try to do better. I won tonight! Dad came in second, and [censored] was third; Mom came in fourth, unfortunately for her, but at least we all had the joy of being in each other's company while I won.

So since that was my only real accomplishment today, I'm going to relish it. The rest of the day was supremely lazy - I got up late, forced myself to shower before making coffee just to try to salvage my schedule, and succeeded at showering but failed at salvaging. I made some delicious avocado toast (with avocados I brought from Colorado), then tried to write/journal outside - but it started raining rather suddenly, and the rain was driven into the covered back porch, so that drove me inside.

I spent the rest of the day doing some more journaling, checking my turnip prices and building some roads in Animal Crossing, talking to [censored] about what we might have accomplished today (even though we didn't), etc. We also enjoyed a fine supper courtesy of my mother, who made cheeseburgers, fried potatoes, and california mix with cheese (I never bought california mix in California, but it's v. common here) before our Ticket to Ride game.

And now, after having talked some more with [censored], written some more in my journal, meditated (which really turned into a brief nap), etc., it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: