Monday, May 04, 2020

as you spin that wool and pull it down

Nothing of interest to report today, other than that I took myself on a fun carousel ride of sugar craving / salt craving. That mostly meant I had a chocolate chip chewy for breakfast (have I mentioned there are no rules anymore?), then another chewy to rebound from my 1:1 with my boss. I did try to claw my way back out by poaching a couple of eggs to eat over leftover potatoes/chard for lunch, and they were really delicious - but sometime in the afternoon, I had another chewy, which I absolutely had to follow with Tostitos and queso. I've now frozen almost all of the remaining chewies, since the only way I can be trusted with them is if they're in the freezer ready to be doled out. But #noregrets on this - it's one of my favorite recipes, and I'm happy that I indulged in them the last couple of days.

I also slogged all day, but when I was done I was done. So I called [censored] and we talked for three hours, which was delightful. Then I reheated some v. late carnitas, and ate them with the last of yesterday's leftover guac. And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: