Tuesday, May 19, 2020

fake friends, real problems

My feet are peeling dramatically (see: my blog post from Saturday, in which I appear to have given myself a chemical burn while trying to remove the effects of several months barefoot sans pedicures). I guess peels really are just chemical burns, so I should have expected this - but next time (because of course there will be a next time if the overall results are good, since I'm too vain) I will try not to leave the acid on the tops of my feet and my ankles for so long. The tops of my feet look truly wretched - my Puritan ancestors almost certainly would have exiled me for my vanity, but if they hadn't, they would have tossed me out for what appears to be leprosy on my feet.

All that said, I believe the survival rate for this kind of vanity-induced injury is pretty high, so I should be fine in a few days. Beyond that, I have nothing of interest to report. Today was the usual - meditation/journaling before work, slogging all day, and then done at five so that I could do other tings. This mostly involved running to the post office to drop off some returns, then making the accountrements for a burrito bowl (I thawed out some carnitas from the freezer and made spanish rice and black beans). I also tidied up around the house and wrote a packing list for Iowa (it's been 71 days since lockdown started and almost 80 days since I last traveled someplace, so I've almost forgotten how to write a packing list). And now I'm going to read or journal for a bit to unwind before bed - goodnight!

No comments: