Saturday, May 16, 2020

pushin' past the limit, trippin' on hallucinogenics

I had a day full of stories and housework, which was pretty much what I wanted. I got out of bed later than planned, made a perfect pot of coffee, sat on my couch intending to meditate and then get on with my day....and instead reread the best bits of DEVIL'S BRIDE, which was one of my favorite historical romances many years ago. I've been on a rereading binge lately, which is reminding me of my love of books and stories, and yet is also insanely comforting because I know some of these books almost by heart and yet somehow always realize something new with the rereading.

After that, it was suddenly almost noon. So I showered and put some self-tanning lotion on my legs because they may never see sun (which makes no difference since they will also never see humans, but I'm vain for my own sake, not for others). I also put some extra non-tanning lotion on my feet - the peel I did last night will likely result in good things for the soles of my feet, but I think I maybe gave the tops of my feet a chemical burn that they didn't need. In fact, I would guarantee that's what I did, since they look and feel sunburned. Again, no one will see them, but that's slightly more annoying to me since I can feel the burn and it's not entirely pleasant. But I repainted my toenails tonight, so hopefully the burn heals and all the dead skin peels off and it will all be worth it.

Then I ate the last of my leftover fish tacos, washed my bedsheets, did some tings around the house, and then called [censored] (happy birthday, [censored!]). I sat outside while I talked to [censored], which felt nice. Then I finally put my dining room back together - it had been messy awhile since I was using it as a staging ground for packages that come into the house so that they can quarantine for a couple of days. But I want to be able to eat/work at my dining table, and I'd also gotten a new rug for the dining room - I think part of the reason I didn't love sitting in there was that it was too echoey with wood and nothing else, so the rug should help. So I laboriously moved all the furniture out, laid out the rug pad and rug, and put all the furniture back. It looks great now - the only thing left to do is hang the photos that I've intended to hang for months. We'll see whether I get to that project before lockdown ends; I'd say odds are 50/50.

I then spent the rest of the evening eating leftover pasta, writing for awhile (I had an idea for a series that sparked my imagination in the morning and maybe fell into ashes in the evening, but I'm going to keep exploring it because there may be something there), and then reading. I started THE STARLESS SEA by Erin Morgenstern - I'm about 15-20% in, and I'm enjoying it so far, in that sort of despairing way where I am loving the book but also wishing I had written it. We'll see if that feeling continues. But for now it's time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: