Sunday, May 31, 2020

nevermind, 'cause you're never mine

I'm back in Denver after a 10+ hr drive across Iowa (great), Nebraska (terrible), and Colorado (excellent because I sped with impunity). I managed to get out of Iowa at the fairly early (for me) hour of 9:30am - I felt some urgency because there was a curfew starting at 8pm in Denver and I wanted to make it home before then. Luckily, I gained an hour coming from the central to the mountain time zone, and I made my stops brief - I got fries/coffee at a McDonald's in Clarinda (Iowa), then stopped for gas in York (Nebraska), then stopped again for gas and a bathroom in Ogallala (Nebraska, where the westernmost Casey's convenience store is). So, I made it in 10.5hrs including three stops, which was pretty good.

When I got home, I unloaded my car and had time to pick up a pizza from Blue Pan before curfew started. And now I'm going to go to bed since I have many meetings and much catching up to do tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: