Monday, May 11, 2020

it took a lifespan with no cellmate

Gotta go to bed immediately - it's after midnight and I had planned to be in bed two hours ago. Today was better than yesterday, though, mostly because I started by getting eight hours of sleep. I took care of some tings around the house this morning, ate some leftover muffins, made avocado toast for lunch, did some laundry, trimmed my bangs, took a full shower (full shower = washed my hair and shaved my legs, so fancy), bought some turnips in Animal Crossing, etc., etc. I also ran an errand to Crate and Barrel to get curbside pickup for my new coffee grinder, which is quarantining in its bag for a day or two before I pull it out.

Then I came home, cleaned up my back patio, and called my mom (Happy Mother's Day!). It wasn't a particularly happy day, it sounds like, since the weather wasn't conducive for gardening and the world is on fire, but it was nice to talk to her. Then I talked to my dad, and then I spent some quality time making supper. I made a perfectly cooked ribeye, and I also made blistered green beans and reheated a twice baked potato, so it was all v. delicious.

Then I talked to [censored] for a bit. And then I had an impromptu family dinner that lasted a couple of hours - I had texted the family asking who had ended up in a local minima this week, and that turned into a zoom call to discuss:

- Chandlord and I are definitely in local minimas, although hers is worse than mine. Mine is just the slowly simmering dread and angst over the knowledge that I'll probably be working from home the rest of the year. Chandlord's is somewhat work-related, with the added possibility that she's been exposed to the 'rona.
- Ritu seemed to be fine, although her child was full of cake and still awake. But I accidentally called her a non-essential employee, so our friendship is probably over.
- John and Jess joined and John said his local minima was last week; Jess hasn't had a local minima in four years.
- Adit added Chris Boyd, whom none of us had seen in forever; Chris claimed to be fine, but the story he told right at the end indicated that he may only be 'not in a local minima' because he hasn't hit bottom yet.
- Adit and Priyanka are dealing with the horror of having two small children at home, one of whom is a loser who can't play basketball. So they may have it the worst of all.


And now it's 12:30am and I have to work in the morning, so I should really really go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: