Tuesday, May 05, 2020

where you can seem as old as your omens

I'm pretty sleepy, so I think it's time for bed. Today was good, though - I meditated/journaled before work, then had a bunch of meetings and got some good tasks checked off my to-do list. At some point I also pulled a bagel from the freezer, toasted it, and slathered it in cream cheese with salmon on top, so that was pretty satisfying.

Eventually, I had to stop working, but I did a bunch of personal stuff tonight - mostly tidying up my dining room and guest room, which have turned into storage warzones. The guest room still needs some work (mostly dragging things down to the basement so that the closet is more usable), but it's all much better than it was. I also crisped up some carnitas, made fresh guac, and ate a carnitas burrito bowl for dinner - my eye has almost completely healed from the burn caused by the carnitas on Sunday night, so this feels like an acceptable trade since the carnitas are delicious. And I had a margarita, but I limited myself to one, which is a real sacrifice in these troubled times.

The only other thing I'll share is that my favorite SF restaurant (aka Caffe Union) posted a gofundme today to try to cover some of their costs and stay afloat. Tony is the owner and he's a wonderful human, and he also saw me more than just about anyone other than Terry (and maybe the folks at Des Amis) back when I lived in the Marina. I'm not saying you should donate to Caffe Union, since it's my favorite restaurant and not yours - but if you can do something to help some local business stay afloat, please think about who you want to support and throw something their way if you can.

And with that, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: