Friday, May 15, 2020

unfair we're not somewhere misbehaving for days

I had a good day, all in all - I got up in time to have a lovely bit of silence with my coffee, meditation, and a bit of journaling, and then I slogged all day. The slogging was pretty productive, so I paused for a happy hour and then didn't unpause. The first happy hour was with my friend Nicole and we talked about work most of the time, so I'm counting it as work - but I was drinking a moscow mule, so it didn't feel too onerous.

Then I sent a few more emails, logged off for the day, and had a video chat with Terry and Lauren (aka Subz). We were overdue for a catch-up, so I'm glad we made it happen. It seems that a lot of people are hitting local minimas these days, as it continues to be reinforced how not-normal life is going to be for a long time. So, all we can do is band together and have ridiculous video chats and dream of other, better days.

As soon as we hung up, while the phone was still in my hand, Chandlord called me. She was going for a walk and talking while she walked, so I went outside and walked around my block multiple times while we chatted. I only walked around the block because it looked like it might storm - and that proved accurate. We talked for awhile, and I made the best jhoke of my life, thus hitting a global maxima that will never be repeated. Then I came inside, ate some takeout sushi, and as I was eating takeout sushi it began to hail.

Things got a wee bit dramatic then - I put on a foot mask (wrapping acid around my feet to dissolve the dead skin that has accumulated after several months barefoot without pedicures), which meant that my feet were wrapped in slippery plastic and covered with socks to hold them on. But then it started to thunder/lightning quite intensely. And in the middle of that, something (smoke alarm? CO alarm?) started chirping upstairs. I assumed it was the smoke alarm, and it was in a place in the hallway where the chirp reverberated enough that it was hard to tell exactly where it was coming from. So I went to the basement (in my plastic-encased feet), got my ladder and some 9V batteries, dragged the ladder up two flights of stairs, put a new battery in, and realized it was still chirping. Then I discovered the battery was expired. So I went back down and got fresh batteries and tried again. That ended that bit of chirping, which I may have caused by putting in an expired battery...because then I realized it was the CO alarm that was plugged into the wall.

So I had to get another battery, but changing that battery fixed the problem. Still, standing on a ladder with slippery feet, precariously near my stairwell, with thunder/lightning outside was more excitement than I wanted for the night. So now, after having caught up on Animal Crossing and done some various tings around the house, it's time to unwind for the night - goodnight!

No comments: