Sunday, May 17, 2020

i don't remember your face, or your hair, or your name, or your smile

The quarantine Sunday Scaries were pretty absent today, until approximately five minutes ago, when I realized this is the end of Week 10 in isolation. But let's focus on the rest of the day, shall we? I let myself sleep until nine, which was great since I haven't gotten eight hours of sleep in awhile. I'm usually a champion sleeper, and I'm still not having any trouble falling asleep - but I'm tending to wake up too early, and also tending to go to bed too late. So, getting a lot of sleep last night was probably what I needed to avoid the Sunday Scaries, even if I still felt exhausted this evening.

sssanyway. I got up, made some coffee, meditated, and bought some turnips in Animal Crossing (this can only be done on Sunday mornings before noon, and you have to buy turnips to play the Stalk Market...don't ask, it's a thing). Then I talked to Jen, Joann, and Jane (the friendship renewal crew). They were supposed to be in Colorado this weekend, and we were supposed to be up in Glenwood Springs enjoying an old west spa experience....but instead we dialed in from our respective homes without a single hot spring in sight. Sigh.

After that, I made myself a decadent egg sandwich that was oozing with cheddar. I should have hopped on a call with some of my writer friends, but I decided to skip it - I've noticed that I tend to have worse weekend days when I spend multiple hours on video chats, probably because I spend all week on video chats and need the occasional break from performing for the screen. Instead, I spent the afternoon puttering around outside - I turned on my sprinkler system for the first time since last fall, and I pruned some wayward branches, and I cleaned off my patio and generally tidied things up. Then I poured myself a coke zero, sat on my outdoor couch, and called my parents. They were in fine form, which is good - unless something unexpected happens I'm planning to drive to Iowa at the end of the week, so we'll get some quality time together then.

After that, I cooked some zucchini lasagna (not onerous - I had frozen a premade batch last month, so cooking it just required thawing it, throwing it in the oven, and at some point adding some mozzarella on top). I also packed up a bunch of returns to take to the post office, since I've been letting my online orders pile up. I texted with [censored] and Drewbaby, mostly about nothing, but some about the Dnieper River (as one does). And I folded / took care of the three loads of laundry I did today, tidied up around the house, and wrote a blog post on zee romance blog about the fish tacos I made the other day.

And now, after accomplishing all of that, and hopefully stepping back from the edge of the abyss that opened up in front of me when I realized this was the end of week ten, I need to go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: