Thursday, June 18, 2020

but i'm not everybody else i walk alone

Whelp. It's almost midnight and I normally would have attempted to go to bed at least an hour ago, but that wasn't in the cards tonight. Today was pretty good, though - I got up in time to meditate and write before work, and I wrote a little bit after work, so that was all a v. laudable effort. Work itself wasn't too onerous - I certainly could have made it more onerous, but I decided to slack off in the late afternoon instead.

I spent the evening finally trying to finish my taxes, and I was v. v. close to being done when Chandlord called. My reaction was basically that Loki meme where he says "you must be truly desperate to come to me for help", since she mostly wanted to talk about how much life sucks when you have to work and have no time or ability to see friends. But we ended up talking for 2.5 hours, about a wide variety of topics (including Sublime, Elizabeth Gilbert, #blacklivesmatter, the surprising wokeness of bakers, Calm, The Help, etc.), and so it really worked out for me that she was feeling desperate.

And now I need to go to bed so I can pretend to work tomorrow - goodnight!


No comments: