Thursday, June 25, 2020

don't take it personal

I had kind of a long slog at work today - emotions were weirdly running high in several meetings I was in, and I was ill-prepared to deal with it. But otherwise everything was generally good, and I slacked off at five to go over to Katie's. We had a socially distanced dinner in the backyard - nothing is entirely without risk, but we sat apart and I didn't go into her house, so hopefully I don't have to pay any coronavirus wages for my sins. Speaking of wages of sins, which is a v. biblical concept, tonight we discovered that Katie takes her kids to mass and church classes regularly, and yet I am the only one of the two of us who has read the whole bible (thanks Ukraine, where I did not have nearly enough reading material).

sssanyway, we had a lovely dinner and a great time catching up in between our respective trips to Iowa - it seems like we'll be crisscrossing I-80 in alternating time periods this summer. Then I came home and finished André Leon Talley's biography (THE CHIFFON TRENCHES), which I loved. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: