Monday, June 29, 2020

what kind of words would cut through the clutter of the whirlwind of these days

Today felt a bit off - I barely had any meetings because a lot of people are on vacation, and as is usually true of days without a lot of meetings, I found it hard to focus in my downtime. But I still meditated/journaled before work, and I got a decent amount of stuff done (mostly because I forced myself to stay at my desk until after six to make up for the nap I took at one). I also did a couple of loads of laundry, which is one nice thing about working from home. Another nice thing is that I spent a couple of hours working while sitting on my couch outside - I really need to get quotes for installing a firepit, since I have a feeling that extending my socially distanced outdoor time as much as possible this fall/winter will be key to my happiness.

I didn't have to cook tonight, since I had leftover beef and broccoli for lunch and leftover fish tacos for dinner. The beef and broccoli is particularly good - so good that I blogged about it on my romance blog. After I ate supper, I took care of a few tings, then walked a few blocks over to a polling place to drop off my ballot for the Colorado state primary. It's unclear to me why the primary for Senate and other local races is a different date than the primary for president - perhaps someday I'll get involved enough in Colorado politics to care, but today is not that day. It was a nice walk, since the sun had just set and so it wasn't quite as blistering hot as it was when I'd considered making the walk earlier in the day. Then, when I got home, I spent the last three hours doing a variety of tings, many of which were not all that important (but better than reading twitter).

And now I need to sleep - I have way more meetings tomorrow, oddly, and then I need to start thinking about prepping for Iowa. Goodnight!

No comments: