Wednesday, June 03, 2020

crazy's my new best friend

I haven't slept well the last couple of nights, so I really need to head upstairs asap. Today was good, though, all in all. I got up and showered in time for some slogging, which took up my whole day. Then I ran a quick errand downtown to pick up some books that I'd ordered from Tattered Cover - they're located somewhat close to the capitol, but I ordered the books last week when the only thing I thought I'd be dealing with this week was quarantine and not an additional curfew on top of the quarantine.

But the drive wasn't bad - probably way better than it would normally be around rush hour during the week. Civic Center Park was full of people, but it looked more like a party than a protest (if you wear face masks to a party). Most of the businesses around there had boarded up their windows, and I'm sure there are more protests to come, but in late afternoon, at least, it looked almost, but not quite, normal.

Then I came home and dusted off my back patio couch just in time for Katie to come over. We hadn't seen each other in person for awhile, so it was wonderful that she came over - we had a lot to discuss, both about world affairs and about, to a much more intriguing but less important degree, the gossip from our small town. We sat on my patio and drank rose, and then we ordered takeout, and it was all divine.

But now I really need to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: