Saturday, June 27, 2020

grab all of my money, guitar, and a jacket

I had a decent day - I woke up in a bit of a weird mood for the first time in awhile, but I meditated and journaled my way out of it. Then I worked all day, including several hours of meetings (of course).

But I ended the work day with a video chat with Heather (aka dear respected madam), and then I had Kristen over for dinner. We were supposed to socially distance outside, but instead it started hailing right as she got here. So instead we had an adventure trying to fit her car in my garage with mine - we actually succeeded despite the boxes along the wall of my garage, but she had to climb out through her backseat, and by the time we got this done it had stopped hailing. Lol. But now I know I can fit two small SUVs in a pinch, especially if I had done a better job of parking my own car beforehand.

So, because of the rain we couldn't sit outside, but we stayed 6+ feet apart inside basically the whole time, so I'm optimistic. She's been about as isolated as I've been, since she's getting ready to move back to California (which is why we tried for a happy hour despite the rain, since I'm leaving for Iowa next week and then who knows how long it will be before I get to go to California again). We drank aperol spritzes and ordered pizza from Blue Pan, and it was delightful. Of course, I'm sure I'll freak out and decide she gave me the 'rona in a few days, but hopefully I'll get over that panic quickly.

And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: