Sunday, June 21, 2020

i will never be satisfied

I had a v. lazy day but it was exactly what I wanted. I got up and spent some time puttering around the house with coffee before taking a shower and walking down to the farmer's market. I don't quite know what I'll make this week, but I got some chard and some baby beets, and also some cucumbers and some heirloom cherry tomatoes, so I'm sure I'll come up with something. It was warm but overcast, so the farmer's market didn't feel quite so broiling as it did last weekend - and I'm v. happy to have it nearby on Sundays, even if that changes the usual schedule of getting groceries and cooking tings.

Then I came home, put away my stash, and spent most of the afternoon continuing my reread of old journals while sitting on my back patio. I probably had 1200+ pages of journals to go through from mid-2016 to now; my older journals are all in a waterproof box in the basement, and I decided not to go there either literally or figuratively. I didn't end up rereading this year because it was all quarantine all the time after the beginning of March, but the trip down an ink-stained memory lane was quite interesting / entertaining / inspiring / occasionally depressing.

At some point, I took a break to eat the quinoa salad I made last night (I added cucumbers and tomatoes to it, since I didn't have any last night, and that really took it up a notch). I also called my parents, and I wished my dad a happy father's day - he didn't go fishing or get a tie, but he was going to grill after we talked, so I guess he celebrated in traditional style. Then I made some v. tasty potatoes to go with some leftover pulled pork, wrote a blog post for my writing blog about my quinoa salad, and continued to mess around with journals.

And now, I should sleep since I have to work tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: