Tuesday, June 16, 2020

they love you, then they hate you if you wear a crown

I suddenly hit the wall, but I had a really good day overall. I got up in time to meditate and write before work, and then I worked until around four. The benefit of working from home + the fact that I worked late last night meant that I hit 4pm and felt like I was pretty caught up, so I decided to be done - and then I could immediately transition into personal life.

So I went to the pharmacy, then went to a grocery store to see if they had the things that I wasn't able to get at Whole Foods yesterday. The answer to that was yes - they had plenty of chicken, and they also had garlic, cilantro, and mint, so I was in business. Then I came home, put away my groceries, and organized my basement stash to make sure I knew what was down there so that I don't keep buying unnecessary stuff (verdict: I've been pretty good so far!).

I also cooked supper, and it was pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Another advantage of working from home is that I was able to throw together a marinade at lunch time, so I had marinated some hanger steak for dinner. I also made some rice and some black beans, and then I grilled the steak (on my stove - a grill might be a task for this weekend). It all turned out pretty perfectly, but what took it to the next level was the chirmol salsa that I bought at the farmer's market this weekend. It's a Guatemalan sauce that's basically salsa with mint in it, and it was super good and perfect on the steak. So, I'm glad I stopped to talk to that vendor (the sauces are his mom's recipes), since I love to cook but am getting a little tired of making the same things I've been making recently.

After I finished eating, I called my parents and we ended up talking for awhile. Then I cleaned up the kitchen, put away some laundry, checked in on Animal Crossing, and generally messed around. And now I should probably think about going to bed - goodnight!

No comments: