Sunday, June 07, 2020

with a little sweet and simple numbing me

So, after I blogged and said I was going to go to bed last night, I decided to peek at a book on my phone to decide if it was something I would want to read today...and I would say that I mostly did read it today, because I then accidentally stayed up until 3am and read the whole thing. For my records, it was A PRINCESS IN THEORY, and it had a cute premise - the girl was a grad student who kept getting emails from a supposed African prince saying that she was his betrothed, which she obviously thought was a scam, but it was true. I liked the first half, thought the ending was rushed, but overall obviously liked it enough to sacrifice my sleep.

Needless to say, I was quite groggy this morning - I got out of bed around nine, which was less than six hours of sleep (and not all of that was perfect). I spent the morning moving slowly and drinking coffee while meditating / making lists / tidying up. I spent quite a bit of the afternoon dealing with weeds - real weeds for once, not the ones in Animal Crossing. The patch of weeds behind my back gate (which I rarely use, since I keep it padlocked and usually go out through my garage) had sprung up taller than my head while I was in Iowa, and the rock beds along the side of my garage + the north side of my house had some fairly substantial weed action going as well. So I chopped down all the weeds in the back, and then weeded the rock beds by hand. It's looking a lot better; my next outdoor task is to get some better ground cover plants for some parts of my front yard and possibly get a container or two of flowers, but we'll see whether I get ambitious enough to deal with it.

Then I talked to my parents, and then I took a shower to get rid of all the grime from being out among the weeds. After that, I heated up some leftover pork chop / twice baked potato / green beans, and then I talked to [censored] for awhile. And now, my heart wants to read but my body is trying to convince me to go to bed at a reasonable hour so that I can have a good day tomorrow....decisions, decisions. Goodnight!

No comments: