Monday, June 22, 2020

the simulation just went bad but you're the best i ever had

I was somewhat unenthused about work today, but it's been worse before and it really wasn't all that bad. I did my usual coffee / meditate / journal routine, and then I worked for ninety minutes or so before bothering to shower since I was writing emails instead of participating in meetings. Then I got ready fairly quickly and got down to business, and had a decently productive day overall - so I guess I'll take it.

I took a break around five to talk to [censored], and then I ate some pulled pork and potatoes before sitting on my back patio and doing another hour of work. But I wrapped up by 8:15 so that I could chat with a couple of my California writer friends - it was nice to have a small group since the big zooms are way too difficult to handle. Barbara and Anne were in fine form, and Grace joined us a bit later, and it was so nice to see their faces even if it was just a reminder that I can't actually be in the same room with them.

And now, I think I'm going to try to go to bed early - goodnight!

No comments: