Friday, June 19, 2020

i think i'll dye my hair and i'll move to alaska

Since I stayed up too late last night, I wasn't totally in it to win it this morning - but I got up in time to make coffee and journal a bit before showering and taking my first meeting of the day. I didn't have many meetings today, which meant I had time to dial into a couple of interesting conversations about race and current events - and that kind of thing is great for taking from home, since I could watch on my TV Chromecast rather than my laptop.

So, I slogged all day (with a break to take a walk). Then I made a rather elaborate dinner - it didn't look elaborate, but I tried making zucchini fritters. First, though, I put some chicken breasts in a lemon/olive oil/garlic marinade, and as I was doing that, Terry called. So we chatted for a bit while the chicken sat in the fridge, which was perfect timing. Then I grated a bunch of zucchini (not hard with a food processor), wrung the water out of it, combined it with egg / flour / garlic / mint / feta, and fried the fritters. They didn't turn out perfectly, mostly because I think I focused too much on getting them brown and not enough on cooking them - but it was a valiant first effort. And they went really well with the lemon chicken, which did turn out perfectly and is now ready for upcoming salads and other meals.

Then, I cleaned the kitchen and played some Animal Crossing. And then I talked to Riturani, and we went deep on the issues of the day. And now, it's midnight and I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: