Saturday, June 06, 2020

it's been a hell of a ride

This was my first weekend day at home in three weeks, and it was almost too lazy and boring. It didn't help that I woke up in the middle of the night with cramps, but I managed to get back to sleep at some point.

I spent the morning with coffee and my desk and some budgeting/financial stuff. Then I showered and ran to the grocery store. For brunch I reheated some sweet potato and sausage hash - I'd made a big batch of it a few weeks ago, and freezing it in single servings works incredibly well and doesn't taste frozen at all when you crisp it up in a skillet. I topped it with two eggs and then ate it while talking to Alice - we were supposed to have a happy hour but I didn't feel like drinking in the middle of the day, so we just chatted for a bit before saying our farewells.

I was pretty lazy the rest of the afternoon, since it stormed and most of what I wanted to do was outside. I had a long call with my friendship renewal crew, which was great. And I made a pork chop and green beans and a leftover twice-baked potato for dinner, which was also delicious. And then I ended the night by rereading a manuscript and debating how to proceed...but that's a problem for tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: